Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme - Hung Up

A co-worker has been playing Madonna's "Hung Up" all week. Every time I hear the "flute" rift... I feel as is I have heard it B4 - LONG ago - So, I googled something like < "south america" "hung up" madona > - and found that, (even tho I believe the melody comes from even longer ago than ABBA - perhaps a South American "traditional song") Madonna received permission to use ABBA's "flute" theme from Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)

- to me - the melody sounds very much like it could be played on a Zampona - and I think of Sajama - a group who, I won't miss the chance to see - if I know that they are in the area and I have the free time...

listen (watch) for your self!

ABBA - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLtU7aOnp2U - Gimme Gimme Gimme

Madonna - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fVqC8rOw8g - Hung Up

Foxhound tells me that ABBA's isn't a flute - (no they play keyboard - but a "flute" sound) and really - Madonna has someone in HER band who plays an actual - flute???

Anyway - my mystery has been solved - I KNEW I had hear the tune before.

No comments: