Saturday, August 08, 2009

FaceBook and Girl Scouts!

Spent WAY too much time hunting HATCHLINGS - Way too much time...

I started a "group" for our Girl Scout Service Unit - and before it was even really ready a buddy requested to join!!

Set some more stuff up on it and sent invites to the Service Unit and - no one else :( But, it is a nice weekend - maybe in the coming week.

Went to the Orange County Girl Scout Council August kick-off this past Tuesday - Only one other person from our Service Unit went with me - funny thing - she's the buddy who is in the GROUP I started today! It was at the Kick-off that I heard to use FaceBook as the platform for the SU site - easier than setting up and entire site on my own, I was told. Boy, was it easy. Only thing is that I can make it fancy - but - the price is right - and for now - it will be great - IF I can get some response! Pictures, Events and other things can be added all right there for the group - EASY!

Tomorrow - I may have a new Daisy Leader to give Orientation to but, have not heard from her - no email replies and I don't have a phone number for her - I just have to show up - just in case - that is a bit frustrating when I don't hear anything... but - I never get tied of where I hold the Orientations - so if no one shows- my daughter and I will just enjoy the oaks for a while - and listen to the birds.

No comments: