Sunday, February 24, 2013

TICKS

About three weeks ago (January 29th 2013) A calf was born to Glenda the Diary Cow at Amy's Farm in Ontario. Foxhound & I went to see him when he was just 9 days old.  SO cute!  Glenda was eating when he became very uninterested in just standing next to her and romped off to the other end of the pen/corral.  Suddenly, Glenda notices he's gone!  Very lowly she calls for him "Mmmoooooo?" - turned her head and spotted him.  She then followed him - all was well again.  



Yesterday 02.23.2013 was an other Saturday - and just 2 weeks later.  We stop by Amy's again to see the baby.  But, he is really GONE!  We learn that he was sold for the Milk Share Program there at the farm.  But, this week there are baby sheep.  LAMBS.  They were busy napping in the shade but, cute none the less. 

Foxhound is off to find the cats -- we thought there were just three.  Today we discovered there are closer to TEN.  Including a large whitish Tom with a piece of his ear missing... He has a striped tail (like a raccoon!) but, very leery of people - he kept his distance.  The little grey female tabby was more than willing to get petted - tiny little voice.  She will follow you if you let her.

We continue to visit the other animals. Including, Wilbur, the pig. Foxhound only likes the very small pigs (piglets only for her).  Me, I find it kinda funny that ALL the animals at the farm (except "Tom") like to be petted!  So, I go over to Wilbur's pen and I call his name.  He jumps up (yes, pig jumped to his feet) and runs over to me!    Just like the story - this Wilbur was the runt of his litter.  He does not have Charlotte - that I saw.  He DOES however have far creepier "friends".  I start scratching his head when Foxhound comes over and informs me that he has TICKS!  hmmm ---- yes - he sure did! Many many ticks just wandering around.... weird because I never noticed before and none of the other animals seem to have them... I tell Wilbur that we must leave --- Ticks creep Foxhound out more than anything else that I know of.  

We say goodbye to the other animal friends we have met there - we learned the name of the BIG Brown Swiss "Granma Tina" --- I love her BIG furry ears! 

We get in the car to leave.   Foxhound had changed the radio station before we arrived to GO COUNTRY... I burst into laughter --- Brad Paisley is singing...  http://youtu.be/3tiPndMqxLQ  "TICKS"

No comments: