Wednesday, June 18, 2014

School is nearly Over for the 2013-2014 Year

The days fly by and once again it has been far too long since I have added anything here.  I have a new follower!  She discovered me one morning while I was trying to be stealthy while hunting a Munzee.  She sees me and says "Are you Geocaching?"   Um, well, no, not exactly and what was it that gave me away?  the GPS?  Me walking along a Cart Return rack with my hand gliding along the bottom edge as if I was searching for "a container"? What ever it was she had me.  I explained to her that I was doing something similar, Munzee.  Another Munzer and her kids had just FILLED the Target parking lot with a ton of new Munzees and I was trying to find one.  Turns out this lady is not only a Geocacher but, also neighbor to my Girl Scout friend!  TOO funny and such a small world.  I went to my friend's house the next day and see the very same vehicle that had "muggled" me at Target.  (Thanks for following me, we need to get together and geocache/munzee all together - three of us). 

Ah, school and the title of this entry.
True it is nearly over for one more year.  I am looking forward to another Summer with my daughter.  But, I fear this year she will be much more busy with Drivers Ed and friends.  This year went very fast! 

I found a few new sites to follow and to participate in.  one is  BzzAgent  .  I was searching for a coupon for a NEW, WONKA product called "Peel-A-Pop".  Absolutely, "WONKA" ~you can even eat the peel~  Little Ice-Cream pops of vanilla wrapped in either banana or grape flavored gummy "peels" that are of course, edible!  
I did not find the coupon but, found BzzAgent instead.  
I hope it is like something that I used to participate in.

Long ago, I was part of something called WOM or Word Of Mouth.  It was a fun community of people who wrote little reviews on everything from music to restaurants to places to take the family and pretty much everything in between.   We were awarded in random monthly drawings.  It was fun but, sadly came to an end.  Seems that some discovered ways to stack the points in their favor. 

My daughter and I have been monitoring our 11 Bluebird Nesting boxes since March.  We have had four successful boxes with each fledging three or four chicks apiece.  One box near group areas 2 and 3 in O'Neill had a group of outdoor/home schoolers watching the entire process.  From the nest just after Easter, to the eggs, to the newly hatched chicks to bigger chicks, to watching them ready to fledge (popping their heads out of the box) to the empty nest. It was fun to watch the little kids faces as they came up one by one each week to see the nesting box and its progress.   Two of our boxes have Ash-Throat Fly Catchers.  They are later in nesting than the Bluebirds and each box has four eggs as of last Monday.

Our Geocaching is going very slowly.  Too much homework and not enough free time.  I do find time to deploy and cap (capture) at least one Munzee a day.  Even if it is alone.  
Right now during World Cup, there are special Munzee icons (FIFA Balls) bouncing from Munzee to Munzee (704 balls world-wide).  They have a timed life of 6 hours at each location so, if noone captures them in that time they bounce off to another Munzee.  At least THREE of them have been near us but, the Munzee that they were to have been "on" is actually GONE!    I have been able to grab 5 of the FIFA icons and from two I earned 10 points!  Each one has 23 points to be randomly split between the capturer and the owner of the Munzee!  
Supposedly, 704 and 23 MEAN something significant if the world of FIFA World Cup.  I think I get the 23.  There are 23 players on each squad or team roster.  There are 32 Counties.  If you take the 32 and multiply it by 23, you get 736.  If you subtract 32 from that, you get 704.  But, why?? 

That's it for now,
Random wanderings from tissa1020
oh, and RIP Casey Kasem
“Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.”  Casey Kasem
April 27, 1932-June 15. 2014

No comments: