Thursday, June 04, 2015

Jezebel

Last month a post on YMBAG (You Might Be A Geocacher (if)... ) It had to do with a Mystery Cache in Florida that has d been UN-FOUND for EIGHT years! Well, a flurry of activity began to happen. Many cachers started chating with Jezebel, a Chatbot. She and she alone (her creator and placer of the cache also knew) knew the location of the hidden cache. The cache and the Chatbot were named "Jezebel".Jezebel, A Mystery Cache  The cache is now archived. This is because one cacher persuaded Jezebel to give her the "exact cords" to the cache location. She had been "chatting with" Jezebel on and off for several years. With all the activity, I guess something finally clicked and she was able to string together the correct words in such a way the they triggered Jezebel's program to finally reveal the mystery.

Since I am in California, even if I HAD figured out how to chat with Jezebel I doubt I would have made the trip to be FTF. The finder actually lived in Florida and drove some 400 miles to be FTF and ultimately THE ONLY finder of Jezebel.

It was great to be part of the final flurry of activity. I even have my our Chatbot now. I have much to learn and I suppose that IF I ever figure out how to program it, I might figure out HOW the creator of Jezebel hid the information within her code.

No comments: