Monday, October 30, 2017

Re-Discovering Frozen meals at Ralphs Grocery #MyMagazinSharingNetwork



#FreeSamp from #mymagazinesharingnetwork

I received 9 coupons for NINE FREE yummy frozen meals. I went to Ralph's on two separate days. NINE products for FREE at one time just seemed.... well, greedy.

This is what I picked; Frontera Chcken Bowl, FRESCHETTA PIZZA (Canadian Bacon & Pineapple!), Morning Star Farms Frozen "Buffalo Chik Patties", FarmRich Buffalo Style Chicken Bite, EGGOS - Star Wars Waffles, Wicked Kitchen Hand Pie (Buffalo Inspired Chicken), SmartMade (Asian-Style Garlic Chicken), Lean Cuisine (Apple Cranberry Chicken) and Stoufer's FITKITCHEN. 

         COUPONS! 



Two days, Two Receipts - ALL FOR FREE #FreeSamp
With the My Magazine Bag! 
The 1st Day's "haul"




Wicked Kitchen - OH these are GOOD STUFFS! 

You don't open the package. Straight from the freezer into the Microwave. THEN, after it sits for "about a minute", you open the package and eat right out of the box!




  


 

and....
  GONE!



I also tried the "red one" in the freezer picture. Chorizo Mac n Cheese. Mmmm.
Spicy and so easy to prepare.
After you microwave it (NOT opening anything first). That's right, just toss the entire UNOPENED box into the microwave for about five minutes (I think) then you just open the bag inside, it stays in the box. 

 There is a funny message printed in the bottom of the box "DON'T POUR THE MAC HERE, KEEP IT IN THE BAG". Easy clean up.














SMARTMADE - There are many choices from this brand. I chose this one but, my husband was the one who ate it one night after his college night class when he gets home at around 7pm. He didn't say anything after he ate it which means, "for a frozen dinner, it was not bad". Normally he won't eat frozen meals. They are "cheating" or something. For me, they have come so far and taste SO much better than "TV dinners" that when I am tired and in a hurry or it is late... they are the perfect fix. SmartMade is made with fresh ingredients and looks and smells wonderful. Oh, and the container is REALLY sturdy as in, it can be used again to heat something else!









LEG-GO OF MY EGGO!!! 


OH my! Oh MY! there are SOOOO many Eggos to choose from!
Which one, WHICH ONE?! 

Well, since no one in my family really likes them, I picked one that looked FUN and one that I know they like the THEME of. STAR WARS! That's R2-D2 in the right-hand side picture. Very cute and a fun way to get kids who like EGGOS to eat their breakfast... um wait, WAFFLES can be eaten ANY time of the day. and around here, they are eaten FROZEN. 





 

I loved the packaging of this one. ALL PAPER! Very "recycle" friendly.
Another one that my husband had after his college night class. And it is a GOOD thing that I didn't get the one that is prominent in the freezer picture. Veggie? NO WAY!   I wish I could have tried this one as it smelled and looked very good, almost like it could have been from a restaurant. 





FRESHETTA PIZZA - We usually do DiGiorno pizza but, this is a good fallback. Good price and fresh ingredients. No Cardboard crust flavors here!  



STOUFFER'S - my favorite.

There were two different Stouffer's meals in the 9 coupons.
FitKitchen and Lean Cuisine 
FitKitchen is much like Lean Cuisine but, a little larger portions. My husband had the FitKitchen. He said "for a Frozen Meal, it wasn't bad! In fact, it was pretty good". but, I think I will be the one eating them if I get them again. He would much rather have something fresh made and not frozen. Frozen is just so easy after a long day. 
I used to get the Lean Cuisine nearly every day for my lunches when they had a point system to get "free stuff". They ended the program and I was laid off from that job at nearly the same time.  Since that time, the packaging has changed and some of the recipes have too. I couldn't find my favorite Braised beef with sweet potatoes. The flavor I did pick tasted fresh and was very pretty to look at. (FRESH ingredients will do that). 







MEATLESS "MEAT" - This one is not one my husband would touch. My daughter and I had this. For something that isn't REAL Chicken (It is Buffalo CHIK Patties) it was pretty good! I added cheese to mine because I usually eat CHICKEN patties with cheese on them. If I have a need for staying away from chicken (and I hope that never happens) I will definitely but Morning Star Farms. 




Finally, (Last but, not least) Is FarmRich.  At first I thought this was another "meatless" brand but, those are REAL Chicken Bites and they were REALLY good! I served them with some Cajun rice and WOW did we have a spicy but, super tasty meal! This takes some preparation. you first cook the chicken bites and while they are cooking, you are thawing the spicy buffalo sauce. Toss the bites after they are cooked and serve them up. Excellent flavor for something that is a "frozen food".  




I loved doing this mission for  #MyMagazinSharingNetwork. I found at least six NEW brands that I'd not tried and some not even heard of (Wicked Kitchen) that I will definitely buy again when I want something that tasted good and is FAST to prepare.




No comments: